Who is BlueBrain?
This privacy statement is applicable to the processing of personal data by BlueBrain, owner of Galleo. BlueBrain is a trade name of BlueBrain B.V. Our registered office is at Entrada 100, 2nd floor 122, Amsterdam-Duivendrecht, the Netherlands, and we are entered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 65185978.
Processing of personal data
BlueBrain attaches great importance to respecting your privacy, we treat your personal details with all due care and we protect them very carefully. BlueBrain abides by applicable privacy legislation. This privacy statement explains how we handle your personal details.
What data does BlueBrain process?
When you use the Galleo platform, the following details about you will be recorded and used for further purposes.
For all Visitors:
- Statistics: statistical information about the use of the Galleo platform.
- Contact details: your contact details, e.g. your name, email address, company name and password;
- User-generated content: all the information about your use of the platform including all the content you submitted and anonymized information about ratings.
- Payment details: if applicable, details about invoices and payments including payment history.
Purposes of processing the data
BlueBrain uses the data for the following purposes:
- providing our services: enabling you to use the platform;
- generate analysis and insights about trends in the market;
- being able to improve our own service provision, for example by reviewing which of our products and services, or which parts thereof, are popular or are not popular and which functions might be improved further;
- being able to create statistics about the use of our products and services.
For users with an account, we also use the data for the following purposes:
- the performance of a contract with the user;
- maintaining administration, as well as other internal management tasks;
- the calculation, recording and collection of amounts due, including the assignment of claims to third parties;
- to handle your request for information;
- to contact you and to answer any of the questions you might have asked;
- being able to inform you about any other of our products and services that may be interesting to you and to make you new offers;
- complying with legal obligations, such as the administration and retention obligation;
- settling any disputes;
- other purposes for which you have given us separate consent.
Legal basis for processing the data
The legal base for the aforementioned purposes of the processing is:
- consent given by you (article 6 paragraph 1 (a) GDPR);
- taking pre-contractual measures at your request and / or performance of the agreement concluded with you (article 6 paragraph b GDPR);
- to represent to legitimate interests of BlueBrain or of a third party (article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR).
For the purposes numbered 1 till 4 and 6, 8, 9 and 10 above, BlueBrain relies on the legitimate interest. The legitimate interest of BlueBrain in these cases lies in the following: marketing interest of the organization and maintenance of services.
You can oppose to these processing operations on the grounds of the right of objection. More information about this right can be found later in the statement.
When we ask you for personal data, we will state for each situation whether the provision of the data is necessary or mandatory and what the (possible) consequences are if the data is not provided. The basic principle here is that BlueBrain will not process more personal data than necessary for the purposes described above.
Transmission to third parties
With BlueBrain, your personal data is in safe hands. Your personal data will only be used internally by BlueBrain or its affiliated companies and will not be transferred to third parties for commercial purposes.
Transfer to abroad
Your personal data will not be processed in countries outside the EU.
Obliged by law to submit personal data.
In certain circumstances we are obliged by law to submit your personal data to government agencies (e.g. the police, judicial authorities, tax authorities etc.). We will only submit this personal data when we are obliged by law to do so. We will keep you informed as much as possible, but in some of these cases we are not allowed to inform you about submitting your personal data to government agencies.
Automated decision making and profiling
BlueBrain does not make use of automated decision making and / or profiling.
Your data will not be kept longer than necessary. For the performance of the agreement, we store collected data until the end of the legal or contractual warranty rights. At the end of this period we keep the information about the agreement required by commercial and tax law during the legally determined period. During this period (usually ten years after concluding the agreement) your data will only be re-processed in the event of an audit by the tax authorities.
Security of personal data
BlueBrain will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing.
You have various rights under the law. We outline the rights.
- Right of access: You have a statutory right to know which of your personal details are processed by BlueBrain. To invoke this right, you can contact us using the address details below;
- Rectification and erasure right: You have the right to have data changed or even deleted if the data is not (longer) correct, or if the processing is not (longer) justified;
- Right to object: this means that you can object to certain processing of personal data due to your specific situation;
- Right to restriction: Under certain circumstances you also have the right to limit the processing of your data. This means, in short, that BlueBrain temporarily "freezes" the processing of the data;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive (back) the information provided by you to BlueBrain in a standard file format. This right only applies to the personal data that we process from you on the basis of your consent or an agreement concluded with you. The law also applies only to the data that we already process in digital form (not for analogue processing);
- Withdrawing permission: You have the right to revoke any consent given at any time. We will immediately stop the processing of data based on you given consent.
Withdrawal of consent does not have retroactive effect. All processing operations that have already taken place remain legitimate.
The exercise of the rights is free of charge for you, barring abuse. You exercise the rights by contacting the contact details below.
The Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA) is the independent supervisor for compliance with the privacy legislation. You have the right to file a complaint with the DPA. You can also contact the DPA regarding questions about the privacy legislation. More information about the DPA and the contact details of the DPA can be found via www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en.
This privacy statement can be changed. Changes will be published on this page. BlueBrain can process your personal data for new purposes, not yet mentioned in this privacy statement. In such case, BlueBrain will contact you to notify you about the changes in this privacy statement, before processing your personal data for these new purposes and to offer you a chance to prohibit us using your personal data for these new purposes.
If you have any questions about how your personal details are processed or if you wish to exercise one or several of your statutory rights, then please contact us through one of the following options below.
Entrada 100 (2nd floor 122)
1114 AA Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
PDF version: Galleo - Privacy statement